Sunday, June 8, 2008

Tornado

(Just to clarify...this is not a picture I took...It is off the Internet!)


If I don't hear the tornado warning sirens again for awhile it will be too soon! We have had a tornado watch or warning every day now since Friday! On Friday is was at 3pm, right when the kids were to be released from school. Due to the warnings they went into a lock down mode until it passed 3:45pm. This delay was not properly communicated between the parents and schools, causing lots of phone calls and some panics (both students and parents). Then on Saturday another watch/warning. Thankfully it didn't last too long...this one hit Milwaukee the hardest. And then again tonight (Sunday). This time the kids were all sleeping and at 9pm the sirens went off! Caleb and Noah jumped right out of bed and ran downstairs. As for Hannah I had to go and get her and bring her downstairs. I think it took her about 10 minutes before finally waking up. So here we sit watching the weather stations waiting for the watch to be lifted and praying that the kids will go to sleep without nightmares!!

0 comments: