Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Dog Bite

Well this weekend was exciting. We were all at one of Tim's co-workers house for a fun get together and about 1hr into it Noah came out of the house crying hysterically. Noah was bit by our friends dog. This was such a freak incident. We have been at their house before and just earlier I was with the kids inside the house petting the dogs. However this dog (a pointer) was not feeling well so stayed away from us. Later Noah went in to use the bathroom and decided to pet the dogs again, this time "Beaker" was by the baby gate. Noah went to pet him and I believe startled him so he bit Noah. Noah pulled away leaving an interesting bite mark on his middle finger. So after cleaning it up and bandaging it at the house we thought it was best to take Noah to the walk-in to have it checked out. The bite was both on top and bottom of his finger and somewhat jagged due to pulling it away.

Long story short (too late)...we ending up being admitted as an Emergency room patient and spent 2.5 hours waiting just to be told no stitches, just antibiotics. I guess they don't like doing stitches on bites due to the infection rate. So now Noah has a bandaged finger and yummy medicine. I guess it is better to be safe than sorry. And through all this a lesson was learned, don't pet dogs without asking the owner first.

1 comments:

Trisha said...

Yikes...I am a dog lover but just a reminder that you never know.